Monday, January 5, 2015

Properly beaten eggs with a side of sequins and perky butts.

Bosom friends!

How has 2015 been treating you so far?

Have you already messed up your stoic New Year resolutions?

Did you bitterly find out that your 2015 horoscope was as accurate as the recollection of your last drunken night out?
Good.
We better make sure that we are aware of the fact that this New Year may be as bad or as good or as bland as the previous one. It's up to us to make it into a smashing one, Swami Nanda's predictions have very little to do with it.

For once my 2015 is off to a very exciting and BUSY start, that is why today I will keep my post easy-breezy-covergirl.

Hubby and I have finally found an apartment that doesn't hurt our eyes and our bank account (well...sort of) and we are submitting our first rental agreement application this afternoon. I won't tell you more about the building we chose to live in until it is all finalized. You know, the ever so superstitious Italian in me has to come up for air every once in a while.
Suffice to say that by the time we will be done with the application, that would have been the 5th back ground check that we have had done since we started this relocation exodus. I believe the US government knows more about hubby and I than our parents. The US government and our parents are both equally judgmental though. They all suspect that we can't afford our place and they are asking us oh so many proof of this and proof of that. I know it's normal practice but as a girl from the country side I feel slightly violated. Hopefully furniture shopping will allow me to get over myself.

To celebrate the finding of our new place (not the signing yet) we went to The Palace Bar (South Beach) for Sunday brunch.

The Palace is a Miami institution since it has Drag Queen shows offered in broad day light as well as night time. I tell you the sun light is not forgiving at all when a dude is trying to look like a lady. Trust me I have been there. So to find brave gals willing to shake it off on a concrete side walk at noon in Miami, I think is rather chance defying.
Those Avatar women are highly commendable. And perspirational. I don't know how they do it.
You bitches try to wear a wig, compression garments, pads and tights under the sun in 80 degrees in Miami. You would melt like Latoya Jackson's face if exposed to high temperatures.
Despite it all, those Valkyries manage to look fabulous and kick and split like there is no tomorrow.
They are as resilient as penguins when guarding their eggs. They are not going to give up until the job is done. No matter what the temperature may be.

Since my last visit to The Palace they did update the furniture in the outside area and the food was way better than I remembered, kudos for that Palace people! Plus the endless Mimosas are just what a girl needs after an exhausting apartment hunt in a bonkers market like the Miamian one.
The orange carbonated divine nectar kept on being poured in our glasses and I felt like our half naked waiter by day-dancer by night boy was bringing us liquid happiness. I was a bit annoyed by the fact that hubby's eye got stuck one to many times on the almost nude Mimosas guy but what can you do. I got my eye stuck a few times too. In our defense it must be said that the attire for homos on Sunday brunch is the same as the one for Saturday disco. Dress Code: tight and revealing.

Their hostess also contributes to add charm to the whole place. This wiry black girl wears short hair and quirky dresses and her punch line is It's a SCANDAL!!! She may be on something to keep her as hyper as she seems to be but who the hell cares. It's Sunday brunch and we all need our eggs properly beaten with a side of sequins and perky butts.

The Drag show was as lovely as usual and all the girls were as entertaining as ever.
By the way tipping all the Drag queens is like being in Rio de Janeiro and wearing a thong: A MUST.
As their Tiffany Taylor Fantasia (the show host) says It takes a lot of money to look this cheap! 

Tiffany Taylor Fantasia

Here are a few of the other Palace girls in all their glory:


Missy Meyakie LePaige


Missy Meyakie LePaige and I after the show.



TLo Ivy

Shanaya Bright

Ashley Blake

As I said, on a Sunday all we need is properly beaten eggs with a side of sequins and perky butts.

Ciao for now.

2 comments: