Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Found in Translation

I always managed to get the message across.
The expression "doesn't translate" never really played a role in my quest to say it like it is.
And since I am 100% Italian ( my made in Italy label is available for viewing after the third white wine spritzer ) I have to full fill my duty to say it like it is always. No matter what. Opinionated doesn't quite describe me. Wrong and strong perhaps, but never bland.
I also embellish my arguments with colorful hands gestures. Very theatrical. I am sure you would enjoy the full show. And probably get smacked in the face...

I have recently moved to Miami with my husband.
He works I play.
To be quite honest I am not completely sure on why I agreed to this move. I supposed it was time to be in one place for longer than 6 months at the time. My clothes needed a home. My bags demanded an appropriate display setting. My shoes wanted more than a cardboard box for a home.
And my husband was tired of living out of a suitcase.
We were both done with the ever challenging task of remembering on witch side of the room the bathroom was located when in need of a night pit stop.
Another suitcase in another hall.
Take your pictures off another wall.
Where am I going to...
( if you know where these lyrics are from you win a hand full of glitter and a disco ball ).

This is not going to be a Julie & Julia kind of blog...Although I love my self a bit of Julia Child 's arteries clogging, butter smeared, involuntary self deprecating mess I am not going to cook my way through your hearts.
I much rather win you by default.
Like a nagging yet adorable ball buster.
It's all a matter of perspective.
The degree of separation between treasure and trash is very little. In some cases it's an unfortunate thing but very democratic.

The goal of my verbal diarrhea  is to show you how you can find yourself in translation.
No matter where you are.
No matter where you go.
No matter how different you feel.

I am trying to give a whole new meaning and connotation to the concept of "sticking out like a sore thumb".

Only by filtering all that happens to us through our own personal taste and sensibility we can truly form a thought that exclusively belong to us.
No matter how silly.
No matter how peculiar.
No matter how wacky.

What ever I will experience I will report.
From doctors appointments to the search of an actual job.

We will laugh, we will cry, we will wish I didn't have internet connection or that I did have better writing skills.

Let's hope for the best.
Finger crossed.
Legs crossed...no easy laid...



Ciao for now.

3 comments: