Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Cock has landed.

Bosom friends!

I am so sorry I haven't had the time to brighten up your existence in the past couple of days due to the fact that I was interior decorating the shit out of our new apartment.
It is not done yet but mercifully all the furniture got delivered in an orderly fashion and we have WiFi too. Together with flushing toilets we are now good to go.
I had to really pull out of my ass some basic Spanish since only one out of the eight delivery dudes could speak decent English. I was not expecting "Downton Abbey" kind of locution but calling those guys English basic would be paying them a huge compliment. Nevertheless I got out of it with a wardrobe from IKEA that would put California Closets to shame (considering their overpriced custom made stuff) and a couch that does not wobble (West Elm should make sure their independent delivery contractors are in the know when it comes to new models and how they need to be assembled- FYI West Elm).
                    
Couch and rug.
So pretty!

IKEA closet.
I also experienced my very first "white gloves" delivery thanks to Restoration Hardware.
The round table I got from them was gently accompanied inside our place literally wrapped in a cozy blanket and the porters were all wearing white gloves and white shoes cover-ups. How fancy. The table is from the 17th Century Monastery Collection and I love it like it was my first born. Even more since I don't have to expect ingratitude from him while he goes through his teenage.

Our handsome "Monk".

To soften the overall look of our loft (lots of exposed concrete) I got a bit crazy and bought many porcelain figurines. Hubby was not so thrilled about the little pottery-petting-zoo I assembled but I love all of them very much and I think they are excellent conversation pieces.
I can definitely say that the eagle has landed.
Actually the Cock has (go ahead and enjoy the pun).

The cock has landed.

And the Cockatoo as well.

Now I am off to find a dresser and nightstands for our bedroom.

Let's hope I don't come across anything in the shape of a farm animal, hubby would not be amused.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment