Thursday, February 26, 2015

The mighty has fallen.

Bosom friends!

I did not manage to watch the Brit Awards live but the minute somebody took an epic tumble my phone literally had a social media seizure.

The plummet I am referring to is the one that queen Madonna had to endure at the very beginning of her performance of Living for Love as a closing act of the award show.

The setting and overall look of the number were the same as the ones from the Grammy but this time around an infamous cape was added to the mix. A Giorgio Armani cape nonetheless.

Long story short Madge didn't undo the knot that was keeping the long, black (and frankly stunning) cloak properly and when the dancers tried to pull it off from behind they actually jerked the singer down a flight of stairs. Bonk!


As simple as that.
Some say that Madonna should have listened to Edna Modes from the Incredibles:


The fall knocked the wind out of our beloved Material Girl and she missed a couple of lyrics but in true show-biz trooper style she got up and carried on with her performance.
She was living for love damn it! Nothing was gonna stop her. Just as her last anthem says:

Took me to heaven and let me fall down
Now that it's over I'm gonna carry on
Lifted me up, and watched me stumble
After the heartache I'm gonna carry on

Living for love
I'm not giving up

Not gonna stop
Love's gonna lift me up.


That is exactly what she did: she got up and carried on. That is what I call being coherent.
She puts her money where her mouth is.
Wrong and strong.

What is really sad is that the snake like media is connecting her live faux pas with the fact that she is now too old to keep it up.
I am not one of those hard core Madge fans but I feel that this ageism is just bogus. A guy can be a fox no matter the age but a woman has to be put in a home the minute she turns 50??? No sir, no.
We are entitled to our opinion over Madonna's showmanship and artistic choices but I find very unfair to diss her just because "she is to old to be acting like that".
It's her choice to keep bumping and grinding, all we should do is to choose to watch or not.
I prefer to read proper reviews judging her musical choices and whatnot rather than having to stand one more article attacking and making fun of her on the sole base of her birth date.

For instance Monica Bellucci will be the next Bond Girl.
The beautiful Italian actress (known also for her role in the last Matrix) is now 50 years old.
Of course the catchy hook about her presence in the next Bond franchise is that she is the oldest Bond Girl ever to grace the silver screen. Good Morning America even added that she is older than the actual James Bond character and 2 decades older than the average Bond Girl.

You see what I mean?
 The actress reveals she was puzzled when called to discuss a role in the upcoming 007 film, "Spectre." "Why do you call me? I'm 50 years old. What am I going to do in James Bond?" the actress recalled telling director Sam Mendes, in an interview with The Sunday Times.
Bellucci actually thought she was being approached to replace Judi Dench, 80, whose character was killed off in the last Bond film. "I just blurted out: I'm not a girl, I'm a woman, I'm a mature woman," she said.
Bellucci added that she would like to called a Bond Woman or a Bond Lady.
Monica also said that sexy is a state of mind. "What is the problem with a man of 30 being with a woman of 50? It is a matter of energy and soul, not a matter of age of the body. True sexiness is in the mind, the imagination, not in the age of the body."

BRAVO!

I believe that youth is not a merit or a quality nevertheless an asset.

Youth is only an enjoyable stage of life.

A short and a quite overrated one.

I would love to hear all of your opinions over the matter and put together a post with a collage of as many point of view as possible. Comment, comment, comment!!!!

Ciao for now.


Took me to heaven and let me fall down
Now that it's over
I'm gonna carry on
Lifted me up, and watched me stumble
After the heartache, I'm gonna carry on
Living for love
Living for love
I'm not giving up
I'm gonna carry on
Living for love
I'm Living for love
Not gonna stop
Love's gonna lift me up

Source: http://www.directlyrics.com/madonna-living-for-love-lyrics.html

2 comments: