Wednesday, April 15, 2015

From pale and scrawny to different and edgy.

Bosom Friends!

This is the story of how I got scouted by a talent agency while I was minding my own business.

I was scavenging around TJMaxx in South Beach. I was knee deep into marked down designer shoes and clearance value packs of CK underwear when a lovely lady approached me.

I was holding a pair of Diane von Furstenberg heels in one hand (don't ask) and a couple of Missoni socks for the hubby in the other when I heard somebody trying to attract my attention. To be mentioned that the effort of taking my mind off a shopping session is as easy as trying to take Sarah Palin's head out of her ass. Very tasking.
Nevertheless this lovely lady took advantage of the full frontal attack technique and basically had to crush into my cart for me to snap out of my browsing trance and acknowledge her existence.

I must have looked like a crack whore wondering around in search of her next fix, scattered but focused.

The girl who manged to get me out of my retail rapture was called Priscilla (first thing that came to mind was "queen of the desert"...I am a big homo, what can I say).
Priscilla introduced herself as a talent scout for this north Miami agency and told me she was taken by my different look and edgy style. Did you hear that you bitches?
From pale and scrawny to different and edgy.
It's amazing what a stranger compliment can do.
I still firmly believe that I am indeed pale and scrawny (and I wish I had a proper Hollywood smile...even a Bollywood one will do...) but hearing somebody actually uttering nice adjectives directly to my face was a high I have never experienced. Yes, I have been complimented about something I was good at by strangers, but I have never been told such things about my sole appearance. Not even in gay clubs. In gay hangouts usually a compliment is payed with the sight of a possible ejaculation down the line. Gays don't tell you you are pretty or hot to boost your self esteem. We have not developed that kind of empathy. Judgment is our trade mark, take it or leave it.

However Priscilla gave me her business card and advised me to call to make an appointment with one of their casting managers.

So today I went to speak with Jane (Tarzan was not available...) and I got briefed about what their agency can do for me. Basically they look for different faces to introduce to other bigger modelling and casting agencies.
Now I am well aware that Elite Models and Wilhelmina are completely our of my league but it was nice to be picked out of the multitude of pretty faces who grace South Beach on a daily basis.

My first attempt at modelling.

I am also well aware that this may lead to plenty of nothing but I am not investing in photo shoots or expensive portfolios either. For once I am not flying off the handle.

No expectations my pets.

Just like the majority of pleasant things in life, I will let it come to me but I won't beg for it.

In the meantime I will keep living and writing about my new experiences here in Miami where another Priscilla queen of the desert girl might be just around the next TJMaxx clearance aisle.

Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. I always thort you were different with an edgy style dhaaaling! well done, and lets see what happens, you NEVER know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete