Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rebel Heartburn.

Bosom friends!

Today I only have time for a very quick post...I am in the process of choosing a new look for Prima Donna and let me tell you that kind of enterprise is no walk in the park. I always start with new heels and build up from there. Most of my stuff is still in storage and blah, blah, blah...Lord give me the strength.

I wanted to make everybody aware that they finally found the hacker behind Madonna's album leak.
Sigh of relief.
They haven't found out who killed Kennedy but Madge can now sleep soundly knowing who stole her music.
Police in Israel have arrested a local man on suspicion of hacking into Madonna's computer and releasing demo versions of songs on her new album Rebel Heart online.
Israeli television's Channel 2 news reports that the 39-year-old was arrested Wednesday following a month-long investigation involving a private investigation firm and the cyber crime unit of Israel's Lahav 433, a crime-fighting organization comparable to the FBI.
Good lord.
I thought Israel had way more pressing issues to get on with.
Must be a Kabbalah thing...

Madge wrote on her Face Book page

"I am profoundly grateful to the FBI, the Israeli Police investigators and anyone else who helped lead to the arrest of this hacker. I deeply appreciate my fans who have provided us with pertinent information and continue to do so regarding leaks of my music. Like any citizen, I have the right to privacy. This invasion into my life - creatively, professionally, and personally remains a deeply devastating and hurtful experience, as it must be for all artists who are victims of this type of crime." -Madonna

Fair enough.

The Material Girl's new album is called Rebel Heart.

Album cover art work.

I did get the first six songs that were released on iTunes in response to the leak.
The leading single "Living for Love" made me very hopeful.
"Living For Love" leaves its focus on its lyrics. The confidence Madonna displays on the track recalls singular classics like "Express Yourself" and "Like A Prayer".
All the gays will shake their booties till dawn.
"Living For Love" sounds like a giddy combination of Madonna's past and present and that is what really makes this artist unique: her repertoire.
The rest of the songs unfortunately are rather forgettable.
They are all well written and produced but none of them gave me goosebumps.
I am not saying this with a light heart. I did listen to all of the 6 songs from Rebel Heart many times over but I didn't find my self putting any of them on repeat like I usually do. For instance I did listen  to "Confessions on a Dance Floor" until death did us part. For me that one was her last great product. After "Confessions" I still only listen to "The Immaculate Collection" or the classy "Something to Remember".
In any case she is Madonna.
We will always go back for more. The likability of her songs is very subjective.

I do hope the rest of the album will make me eat my words. I really do.
But I will have to wait until March...

For now I do not fell her Rebel Heart, I only feel a heartburn.

Ciao for now.

1 comment: