Friday, March 13, 2015

Abandoned Police.

Bosom friends!

Friday has arrived and now we can all lower the cleavage and raise our glasses.

I woke up this morning to some unsettling news: Kathy Griffin is leaving Fashion Police.



Hmmmm...I did see the writing on the wall as clearly as Kim Kardashian's nipples under her mesh dress.
Kathy performance on the E! Entertainment show was just uncomfortable and she was holding back big time.
She was just like Rosie O'Donnell on The View: trying to fit in a dress two sizes smaller.
No amount of Spanx was gonna help, let alone a team of so and so writes.

Here is the tweet with which Griffin announced her departure from the show:


Let me decode:

I am way better than this show, and since I am not Joan Rivers I am not entitled to be as "brash and eccentric" as she was. Also I have to listen to Rivers daughter (the executive producer of the show) so I am clearly better off. I ain't gonna be told what to say by anybody let alone a bad writer/producer.
So instead of doing a half ass job I am leaving this show not because I don't agree in making fun of rich and privileged people but because on E! I had to do that in away that was just cheap and I don't want to ruin a decade of hard work in the comedic world.

I for once really liked what she wrote on her tweet and I do applaud her decision to leave.
Fashion Police died with Joan Rivers and rightfully so.

About Kelly Osbourne leaving as well I am not moved by it at all. She didn't need Fashion Police to keep busy. She is already co-hosting The Talk with her caring mommy (a touch of nepotism never hurt anyone) and has a fashion line to promote. Good for her. She is indeed a lovely girl and I love her commitment to whatever she tries to do but her mother is the real deal. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a fact. I am sure that after some more years of learning from the best she will be ready to reign like her mother.

As I said before a joke, is a joke, is a joke.
Rivers used to have one of the foulest mouths in the whole comedic world. She did not spare anybody and her humor was a trademark.
I hoped her legacy would have been carried on especially since her daughter Melissa still is the executive producer of Fashion Police.

Unfortunately one thing is to have real talent of your own, another is to get in the spot light because of the talent of your parents.

Ciao for now.

1 comment: