Monday, December 8, 2014

Caftans and wine spritzers.

Bosom friends,
Today I won't be able to entertain you as efficiently as usual. Please don't start pulling your hair, nor lie on the floor kicking and screaming. Composure if you can. Nobody needs to see you in that state. As the dance teacher from "Dance Moms" Abby Lee Miller once said "No tears. You save those tears for your pillow, in your room, alone."

As I said yesterday, I am moving yet again.
I will be dragging my hubby's stuff and mine down Brickell, from Camden to the Yacht Club building.
After a few attempts at getting used to the tribal jubilee happening every night under our bedroom, hubby and I decided that we would have to brave another packing session in order to move to a quieter establishment.
I had to make a few phone calls, fake cry a couple of times and eventually show signs of an imminent nervous break down but in the end they switch our corporate housing to a more quaint domicile.
The day the rental agent called me asking to go and take a look at our new place I literally put a pair of shoes on and ran the two blocks that separate our condo from the one we are moving into.
Miguel (the rental dude) looked at me like I had 3 heads and as if I arrived on a magic carpet. I, had to deal with very heavy breathing throughout the showing of the flat. Perhaps I was affected by an asthma attack due to the acute sense of gratitude I felt towards little Miguel, who was letting me take a more tranquil household.

I felt like I was walking into a parallel universe since the layout of the apartment is just like the one in Camden, but with white finishes. VERY "Golden Girls".
The piece of resistance is the view.
Ocean front "please feel free to get green with envy" kind of panorama.
I can already picture myself with a white wine spritzer ( possibly a pitcher ), wearing a flowing caftan looking into the horizon at sunset. As I said VERY "Golden Girls".

The only kink in this master plan is that hubby just got on a cruise ship for a sales conference.
Lovely.
I had to pack all our crap and I have been reserved the honor and the pleasure of reorganizing the whole lot, once dumped into the new condo.
Joy to the world.

As of now I am waiting for 4 PM to arrive, so that I can go and get the new keys from the doorman.
It's the final countdown bosom friends.
The restless nights are a thing of the past.
Fidgeting with my earplugs an obsolete matter.
I will only need to call the cops in case I miss the voice of our lovely Miami Police telephonists.

Should I incur in any mishap during the gypsy-like move, I will make sure to write you the colorful tale. We don't do black and white, we do Technicolor.

VICTORY!!!
In this noisy apartment soap opera there is finally light at the end of the tunnel and it's shining right upon a well deserved white wine spritzer ( with a caftan blowing in the sunset breeze ).

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment