Sunday, December 7, 2014

I am here, I am there, I am everywhere.

I will begin with an apology regarding the missing post from yesterday, Sat the 6th.
I foolishly thought that week ends were supposed to be restful and regenerating.
My hubby was nurturing the very same idea. Actually his, was more wishful thinking. He knows me well after all.
We both knew that our Saturday and Sunday were going to be rather hectic but last night we went to bed and plunged into a coma. Not even the drunk and loud "urbanites" from the Bar in front of our building, ( whom were perpetrating their sloppy mating rituals ) managed to wake us up. We were gone like the old South after the American Civil War. We were "gone with the friggin wind".

The series of events that brought us such an abyssal slumber were various and quite picturesque if you will.

I woke up on Saturday morning already feeling like a little lamb trying to get its bearings right.
Friday night I graced hubby and some of his coworkers with my company at Cevice 105 in Downtown.
For some reason I didn't have my usual white wine spritzer. Instead I had straight wine the whole evening. Living la vida "drunk-a". I had a lovely time but the following morning I didn't know what hit me. Actually I do. His name was Savignon Blanc, but we didn't exchange numbers. Also this restaurant, although lovely, was populated by voluptuous women wearing highly revealing dresses and by little vodoo looking like dolls,  hanging on all of the walls. It might have been the boozy juice  I was drinking or the close proximity to double D ladies, the fact remains that the following morning I felt rather dishevelled.
I later found out that those dolls are used in Peru' as a lucky charm for the imminent New Year
( fitting since the restaurant served Peruvian food...)
The other voluptuous "dolls" hanging at the bar, were not part of the Peruvian folklore and they were not there for good luck, but mainly to show off their "gadgets".

I am here, I am there, I am everywhere

The doll


Portable Nativity hanging at the bar.
Cevice 105 pretty "al fresco" chandelier.

After a refreshing shower I was ready to conquer our Saturday. Battle ready.
We were having brunch with our Jewish friends from Chicago ( remember the cookie factory guy who made it possible for me to see Cher live? ) . They were going to set sail to the Caribbean for a week and decided to catch up with us before they embarked their cruise ship.
Hubby had the brilliant idea to go to the gym to sweat off the "vino" before meeting them, so we ended up being slightly late. I told you I have hair to blow dry to make it look like I don't care.
So we rushed to pick them up and off we went to The Federal on Biscayne. Luckily they were serving lovely comfort food that was going to go oh so well with my slight hang over.
Obviously we decided to "hang with the dog" and ordered endless Mimosas.  I felt better right away. There is method to my madness.
The restaurant had a very DIY feel to it and they did have plenty of piggies in every shape or form. So you could eat pig and also admire the swine reinterpreted and displayed in all its glory.

Wall paper made with "personals"

Is it a mirror or a door frame?

Pigs galore.





Mantle pieces.

The infamous "flying pig".




Gilded.

The modern version of "pig in a blanket": Pig in cage.

After we said goodbye to our Friends at the cruise ship terminal also known as the "Luggage Stockpile Mountain" we headed to our next exciting escapade.
Our friend Holy Trinity kindly provided us with a couple of tickets to the "Miami Project" exhibit,  offered by one of her numerous connections. This event was happening in Midtown where danger and style meet in one exhilarating scenario.
As per usual finding parking was as easy as finding "Never Land" but we had a goal and we just powered through. I risked a few times to have my teeth kicked in by my hubby since I can't just sit and be driven around. No. I have to co-pilot. But my skills as such are just like my mother's. Plenty of none. I confuse left with right like reality TV confuses popularity with talent. As seamlessly.
Nevertheless we made it safe and sound. Oh well kind of...By that time the endless Mimosas had worked its way and it was time to relieve our bursting bladders. I swear our complexion was looking yellowish. Ten more minutes and goodbye kidneys.
The Miami Project has produced a different type of art fair that focuses on creating the highest quality fair experience by connecting collectors with dealers in the most optimal settings and contexts. Basically the perfect mingling ground for galleries, artists and buyers. They all wear their "Legit Art People" outfits and sit around feeling very content about the surroundings and their lives in general. They don't care if you are not interested in buying a huge painting of an eagle in black and white for the modest sum of 80,000$. No. They secretly love the fact that you just had a little muscle spasm after reading the price tag.
The pavilion was a very nice structure and the art offered to be viewed rather intoxicating.
A bit of everything. For every taste. But not for every pocket.

There was so much on the floor to be seen. For that reason I won't bore you with the list of all the artists I found stimulating or appealing.
I will show you the pieces that I found most interesting and you can do some homework if you like by checking the Miami Project web site.That way you wont' have to deal with the gasping sight of a crazy price tag, or having to decode some artist outfit.

The entrance of the pavilion.








 












And my absolute favorites:






After this full immersion, with no oxygen tanks, into the deep sea of the art world we decided to head to an ocean in which we are more likely, if not to swim nicely, at least to remain afloat.
I am talking about the vast pool of the outlet retail mall.
The word mall itself should have rang a bell especially considering the fact that by 3.30 PM we already had gone to the gym, got over a hangover, had brunch with the Jewish friends and walked the whole of the pavilion of the Miami Project. On a Saturday. Just to rest our bones.

I won't daunt you with the whole story.
Just try, if you will, to picture me in front of the Neiman Marcus Last Chance store.
A wild hippo feels the same when in front of a pond. Whatever or whomever gets in his path to the water will be promptly snapped in half.
The movie "2001 : A Space Odyssey" probably describes how I felt.
Once I was lost, but now I am found.
Just like any proper psychopath I blacked out and when I woke up I had 4 bags filled with high end discounted goodies and residual foam around my mouth.
But we will discuss the object and the nature of my obsession at some other time.
Bosom friends we are just getting to know each other.
Let's take it slower...

By the way I forgot to tell you...Tomorrow I am also moving to a more quiet apartment. Hubby is off to a conference, so I am in charge of the whole operation. Now if you'll excuse me I will go and scream into a pillow.
I will let you know how I handled my 3rd move in two weeks.
Probably not so well.
"The Shining" style.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment